Matsuno is the leading players of the impressive japan open team that made it to the finals in WUGC this year, he’s been in every national, continental or world championship since 2006!
How did you come to play ultimate?
First, I played in a high school sport club, then, I joined a college team.
And how did you stick to the sport?
I just wanted to throw better and catch everything, so, I tried again and again.
Finally, I found myself I was hooked Ultimate.
What’s your best memory about ultimate?
2010 World Ultimate Club Championships. We finished 3rd in Men’s division and I was awarded as the top scoring & assisting player of the tournament.
What’s your vision about the future of ultimate?
I hope that more people know Ultimate and it become an Olympic sport eventually.
What’s you thoughts about ultimate frisbee cleats?
It would be great to have them just like other sports have their specific shoes.
- Japan College National Championships (2002, 2004, 2005)
- Japan National Championships (2006-2016), MVP (2010)
- World Club Championships (2006), Scoreboard leader (2006)
- Team Japan: 2004(5th), 2008(3rd), 2012(5th), 2016(2nd)
- World Games: 2005(4th), 2009(2nd), 2013(5th)